Dec 21, 2010

Parkzone F4U Corsair RTF

While in Montana this summer, my brother-in-law was generous enough to give me the opportunity to fly his Parkzone F4U Corsair.  I'd never flown a warbird before, and up to that point, I didn't have any experience with brushless electric motors.

One nice feature of the plane is the scale detail and wonderful paint scheme.  I was surprised at the amount of power this little airplane has.  The plane is capable of general aerobatic maneuvers, loops, rolls, and spins are all a piece of cake.  When flying more docile, the plane behaves very well and slows down good for landing.

Only problem I witnessed with the plane was with the landing gear.  The gear can very easily tear out of the holders on the wing, and when you try to repair the plastic landing gear clip in the wing, you run the chance of damaging the Z-foam.  Other than that, it seems to be a solid plane!

No comments:

Post a Comment