Mar 30, 2013

Parkzone Ember 2

I've started to pick up on a trend with the Parkzone airplanes, especially the ultra micros.  They make a good airplane, and then they refine it and make a great airplane, and they charge the same.  So, wait for the second version of the airplane :)

On a whim in the hobby shop, I picked up an Ember 2, got a good deal on it, otherwise I probably would not have been interested.  However, having owned a Vapor and having really enjoyed its slow flight characteristics and easy fly attitude, I had a feeling the Ember 2 would be similar.  

If you've flown a Vapor, the Ember 2 feels right at home, it doesn't fly exactly the same, but its comparable.   I'm having more fun with the Ember 2, than I had with my Vapor.  Turns out, the Vapor I had started to act up after several month and the linear servos would get really twitchy during flight.  I have a feeling it was a problem on the brick somewhere, but it was being manifest through excessive servo movement. 

I've had the Ember 2 for three months now, and it hasn't given me any problems.  Flight times are in excess of 10 minutes with a 150 mah battery.  Touch and goes are fun with this plane, but it's so light you have to carry quite a bit of power otherwise it will quickly stop after a touch...  I don't think I've ever looped the plane, nor have I rolled it. I suppose given the right conditions and with some coaxing it'd be capable of a loop, and a rudder roll but the roll would be ugly.  

On my DX7s have have both the right and left sticks set to control the rudder, and then I fly it like any other four channel.  Also, this plane was a RTF, so I got a E-Tomic transmitter with it, I've used it several times, and while it's not much of a radio, it is pretty effective for the ultra micro line.  

If you can get a deal on one, it'd be worth picking it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment