For my setup I used the following:
- Hobby King 40A ESC 4A UBEC
- Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 3536-1050kv Brushless Outrunner Motor
- ZIPPY Compact 2200mAh 3S 25C Lipo Pack
- OrangeRx R800X Spektrum Compatible DSMX 8Ch 2.4Ghz TwinPort Rx
- Prop is a 12x4
- After cutting out the flaps, pay attention to which is the left and which is the right.
- The Fun Cub should now come with a metal motor mount, if the one in the kit is plastic, get a metal one, this helps with vibration.
- User three screws per side of the metal motor mount. You'll need to drill tiny tap holes above and below the center hole on both sides of the motor mount.
- Use loctite or equivalent on the screws holding the motor to the motor mount
- Glue everything with lots of medium thickness CA, use kicker only where necessary.
- Grab a building square and a friend to help you glue the tail feathers on straight.
So far haven't had the chance to fly it, but hopefully will get a chance this month. Initial testing of the systems and a few taxi tests have peaked my interest in flying this plane...