Jan 18, 2014

Multiplex - Fun Cub

Work has been taking quite a bit of my time lately, so it's taken me a few month's to get my Fun Cub built.  This was another one of my birthday presents from back in August, and I just finished the plane up in the first week of January.  The build time can only be contributed to a lack of time contributed on my part.  The actual time spent working on the plane was only a few evenings.

For my setup I used the following:

  • Hobby King 40A ESC 4A UBEC
  • Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 3536-1050kv Brushless Outrunner Motor
  • ZIPPY Compact 2200mAh 3S 25C Lipo Pack
  • OrangeRx R800X Spektrum Compatible DSMX 8Ch 2.4Ghz TwinPort Rx
  • Prop is a 12x4
Build Tips
  1. After cutting out the flaps, pay attention to which is the left and which is the right.
  2. The Fun Cub should now come with a metal motor mount, if the one in the kit is plastic, get a metal one, this helps with vibration.
  3. User three screws per side of the metal motor mount.  You'll need to drill tiny tap holes above and below the center hole on both sides of the motor mount. 
  4. Use loctite or equivalent on the screws holding the motor to the motor mount
  5. Glue everything with lots of medium thickness CA, use kicker only where necessary. 
  6. Grab a building square and a friend to help you glue the tail feathers on straight.
So far haven't had the chance to fly it, but hopefully will get a chance this month.  Initial testing of the systems and a few taxi tests have peaked my interest in flying this plane...





No comments:

Post a Comment