I'd never built a Gullow's kit before having been suspicious of the pile of thin balsa inside the box. This particular kit is a build by number kit... meaning there are numbers printed on one side of the balsa pieces and numbers printed on the plans. Simply align the pieces on the plan with the pieces of balsa in the kit.
One issue I had was that I did not have a dedicated work-space for this project so when I finished working on the project for the day, I'd stick it up on the shelf. The entire project was small enough that I'd just find places around the living room to stick parts and pieces for the glue to dry. After a few weeks we'd completed the plane's skeleton and it was ready for the tissue paper covering. I gave the plane a quick sanding and we moved onto the covering step. Not wanting to deal with model dope because its pretty nasty stuff, I decided to use the alternative method of white glue and water. It's much easier to cover a plane with this method than I had imagined... perhaps easier than using a plastic covering material. It's a very forgiving method. In areas where I accidentally tore the paper, I'd just rip off another small piece of tissue wet it and stick it in place.
My daughter seemed to enjoy the experience of busting out the balsa wood, handing me the parts and gluing things. She didn't quite have the patience or strength to pin things to the building board. While fun to build, I didn't feel the urge to make this a flying model so it is a designated hangar queen.
The translucent film showing the ribs gives the plane a vintage look and makes an interesting nick-knack to stick on the shelf. Those of you that stick electronics in these kits and fly them have more patience than I do.